Tyler could not have picked a worse week to be gone. Of course, he didn't pick it. He would happily un-pick it, but duty calls. Monday the kids were out of school, so we took a day trip to Katy to see our sweet friends and their newly adopted son. It was a precious time, but it made for tired kiddos and mama. Not to mention, I can't seem to get in bed before midnight when Tyler is gone! Tuesday night we took out our monthly Mobile Loaves and Fishes truck. Again - precious time serving and seeing my kids make hot chocolate for homeless people - would NOT trade it. But still...having Tyler around during those times is so much better (and easier!). And Wednesday and Thursday, I had a house full of family here to see my cousin become a state trooper. I love my family, but there is just a lot of them and it helps to have my partner during those times. Plus, I always put pressure on myself to be a perfect hostess with a super clean house and yummy food. All it really does in the end is wear me out - I doubt my guests care all that much if my baseboards are gleaming and the eggs are perfectly scrambled. I'm learning, folks. So, today is Friday and I'm counting down the minutes and miles until Tyler is home (that's right, I'm tracking him with a gps on my phone!). The baby woke up with a cold (boo!) and is napping and the big kids are happily playing with the neighbors. I'm truly wiped out this week. There were many moments when I wanted to curl into a ball and cry, but #1 I didn't have time and #2 I was reminded by the Lord that it's all going to be ok! He's got the world in his hand - and my hard week is included in that. I failed at times this week, and the dog didn't get daily walks and was extra needy, but I did have some good times in the Word, made some lasting memories with my 3 babies, and took some great pics of family. However, I don't want to do it again anytime soon. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to. It's a fact of our life right now. Grace, grace, God's grace!
Natalie
Laney and Daddy, Michael

Natalie and Mommy, Kristi
Danielle feeding Payson cake and he LOVED it
State Trooper Walts and proud wifey
Payson fascinated with balloons
No comments:
Post a Comment