In February, we learned Tyler won a trip for two to Hawaii!!! And he decided to take me, his wife:) I was so super excited! But now, the trip is 2 days away and I'm sort of freaking out. I've never left my kids longer than 4 nights and we will be gone for 6. I've NEVER left Payson. And we will be flying for hours and hours over nothing but water. My mom will have all 3 kids and the needy dog the entire time. She is capable and I totally trust her, but it's kind of hard work! I've left her a manual and I'm sure she'll hate me by mid week when she hasn't had time for a shower:) I know once we get there, it will be amazing. And if God wants to take me home, he will do it whether I'm here or in a plane, right? And God is watching over my kids and the control I think I have when I'm with them is an illusion. So, I'm praying my worries subside and my family is protected. I'm looking forward to reading in peace, eating food I didn't have to cook, snorkeling in clear water, sleeping late, and laying in the sun doing nothing!
The below picture was taken when I was 13 and went to Hawaii with my mom and dad. I don't know whose idea it was to have me pose like Vanna White in a pineapple field. Maybe it was the same person who convinced me to wear this enormous shirt. That person was probably me.
No comments:
Post a Comment