We had a great long weekend celebrating Easter. We played outside with our neighbors in the great weather, had a beautiful brunch at Nana's house, had friends over for egg coloring and a glow-egg hunt in the dark (thanks to Pinterest's idea of stuffing glow sticks into plastic eggs - SO fun!), and had an AMAZING church service at the Erwin Center Sunday morning. Seriously, I was in tears most of the time, I think. The sweet older lady sitting next to me kept patting my back, so I must have looked pitiful, but it really was a moving message and worship time (Religion vs. Gospel). It's always good to be reminded that we are not bound by or to Religion as Christ followers, but rejoice in the Gospel which is the GOOD NEWS of Jesus. The big kids came into the service with us while Payson went to childcare. It's important for them to see how we worship every once in a while:) And to top off the nice break, Tyler was out of town Monday and I had a random smoke alarm go off at 1:30am (why does that always happen when you're sleeping??!!), but none of the kids woke up - only me and the dog were scrambling around the house to find that dead battery!
Piper took this of us - she's a pro:)
Doing some of his favorite things...eating, talking on the phone, and coffee.
Oh, I love them!
My mom always makes the prettiest food...
Egg hunt in Nana's back yard...

Payson's first hunt - loved discovering candy inside, too:)!
No comments:
Post a Comment