If you're out there and you don't know about
Pinterest, go now and figure it out! It's the latest, greatest, idea sharing shmorgishborg - kind of like tearing things out of a magazine and putting them on a bulletin board, but way better. I've actually succeeded in doing lots of the stuff I've found, be it recipes, decorations, sewing patterns, or organizational ideas. And I've passed the hard stuff on to my mom and she's done those and given them to me...a laundry basket, mini ironing board, refashioned t-shirt, and a pumpkin wreath! The one thing I've made several weeks in a row (because they are so easy!!!) that get eaten up for breakfast, snacks, and dessert are these yummy bites of goodness. I changed a few things around to better suit our tastes (like cutting some of the flax and adding oat bran - too much flax was kind of metallic-y) but really, the possibilities are endless. YUM...
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup natural peanut butter (I bet almond butter would be good, too!)
1/3 cup honey
1 cup shredded coconut
1/4 cup ground flax
1/4 cup oat bran
1 - 2 tsp vanilla
handful of dark chocolate chips or crushed dark chocolate ghirardelli squares
Mix everything together (mixing 1st 3 ingredients together first makes it easier). Then, refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Use a cookie scoop or spoon to dish out and roll into a balls with your hands. Store them in the refrigerator and keep covered.
*original recipe found
here
No comments:
Post a Comment