So, I did go ahead and make a clean dinner last night and I have to admit, we went out with a bang. It was one of the best. Who knew you could make a yummy cream sauce from cashews?! My favorite vegetarian restaurant in Austin,
Mother's, uses a chipotle cashew cream sauce on their enchiladas that is SO good, but I thought it would be super difficult to make. It's not (although theirs is better than mine!). I put mine on chicken and spinach and baked it in the oven and served it all on top of brown rice. Yum! Next time I think I will add chipotle to it, but it may be too spicy for the kids that way? Porter ate a ton of it last night!
Cashew Cream Sauce:
1 cup raw cashews
1 tsp sea salt
2 tsp onion powder
2 Tbls corn starch
1 Tbls nutritional yeast flakes
1 1/2 cups broth of your choice
mix everything but the broth in a food processor or blender until it is all finely blended with no big chunks. add it together with the broth in a saucepan and stir constantly over heat until thick. add water if you want to thin it.
No comments:
Post a Comment