Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Just living the Clean, Man...Living the Clean.

Tyler and I decided we hate this new slogan people say when you ask them how they are..."Just livin' the dream, Man, livin' the dream". Sorry if you say this or if you ever have, but seriously...what is this ONE dream - THE dream you are ALL livin'? Maybe if I know, I'll be less critical of the phrase being used. Maybe I'm just jealous that I'm not in on that "dream". Either way, recently, we've started livin' the clean - again.

Same time last year, we did a detox/clean diet, so we thought it would be good to do again this year. Two reasons: to give our bodies a sort of Spring cleaning, and as a discipline practice (I don't want to have food comforting me when the Lord is enough!). I swear to you, it's not about weight and/or losing any. I'm perfectly happy holding on to my last 10 pounds of baby weight and have little motivation to get rid of it. I'm really just enjoying snuggling this cute baby all the time and taking it easy and falling asleep on the couch at 8:30pm. However, this time last year is the time I found out I was mysteriously pregnant, so I kind of associate this clean diet with being dizzy, sick, and shockingly pg! Let's hope that won't happen again. It would TRULY be a miracle this time! Anywho...

So, again, we are cutting out processed foods, soy, gluten, dairy, peanuts, eggs, beef, pork, and sugar. Day 1 - not so bad. I still make my yummy oatmeal for breakfast (1 cup almond milk, 1/2 cup oats, scoop of ground flax, drizzle of agave); lunch was a salad with chicken, almonds, veggies, and oil, vinegar and lemon juice (this meal kind of made me gaggy for some reason - maybe I was having sandwich withdrawal); snacks were fruit and nuts and whole juices; dinner was a yummy soup I made with black beans, chicken, fresh veggies, tomatoes, avocados, etc. (kind of like tortilla soup with no tortillas or cheese and with spinach instead) - the kids even liked it! As last time, I'm mainly missing a sugary snack at night when I watch The Bachelor and a mid day latte:) I am, however keeping my morning coffee this time around - out of necessity since I'm up at least twice a night to feed a sweet baby. But, I'm using coconut milk creamer - not too shabby.

We are hoping we can keep it going until we go to Dallas on Spring Break. We shall see...

No comments: