Sunday, March 20, 2011

Spring Break

My 3 Little Leprechauns

Spring Break has a whole new meaning when your kids actually are in school! We had a good one that flew by and I'm sad to see them go back to school tomorrow (and I'm sad that I have to get up early!).

While here in town, we went to the Austin zoo one day with my "Little Sister". It's always a fun place and Payson liked looking out in the Snuggli at all the animals. We took a picnic and topped it off with sno cones.

Wednesday afternoon we left for Dallas - Payson's first big road trip (3.5 months old). He did great until about Waco and then he was not happy until Dallas. But, for his first time sleeping in a pack n play and being out of his element and off his so-called schedule, he did awesome! We got to see and laugh with all our best friends and their kids, visit with Tyler's family (and ride go-carts borrowed from the neighbors!), eat good food (got my Braum's ice cream fix!) and I even squeezed in a little shopping! On our way home Saturday, we detoured through Mexia for my Aunt's 50th "surprise" birthday party. None of my family there had seen Payson, so it was extra special.

No, Kip did not actually feed him ice cream:)

Laney is about to be TWO and Payson is almost her size - yikes!

But, it's always good to be home. And we still had a little fun left today after church and lunch... Our friends from Katy came through to visit for a while and then Tyler's best man came through after them!

We've got some amazing friends and family. I love them all and are blessed by them in huge amounts. God's grace is great.

Side note - I'm off Facebook until Easter. So far, I'm barely missing it and it feels very freeing, actually! We'll see how long that lasts until I start feeling left out and like I don't know what's going on with everybody:)

No comments: