Wednesday, November 17, 2010

39 and Holding

Yep, I'm still here, as big as a house, waiting on Payson to decide he's done taking up all the space in my abdomen. You would think he's not very comfy in there considering all the squirming he does 24/7, but nope--he seems to like his home in my belly just fine. And the kicker is I'm not really physically miserable...no swelling to speak of, still walking around, no pain, etc. It's the mental part that's testing my patience. Mentally, I'm so DONE...I don't want to pregnant anymore; I want to hold and meet this baby; I want to celebrate Thanksgiving with a baby, not a belly that has very little room for food anymore. But, alas, just chalking this up to lessons God teaches me and I have yet to learn...patience, no worries, I'm not in control, peace, it's not about me, praise Him in suffering, joy in trials. And in the long run, I really have NOTHING to complain about...this baby and myself are and have been healthy throughout this pregnancy and he's going to be born big (or "solid" as my doctor said yesterday) and ready to face the world...unlike the twins who needed a little more time and help. Isn't that what I wanted? Yes, but after being pregnant for just 35 weeks last time, 39 seems like eternity. Hoping to share a birth story not an overdue story next post!!!

No comments: