Thursday, November 25, 2010

40 Weeks - Thanksgiving (and a stubborn little turkey!)

Today is the official day. I for sure thought we'd have a little bundle to hold and be thankful for by now, and yet - we are no less thankful that he is deciding to stay put a little longer. I say I'm thankful and I truly am that we are both still healthy and this pregnancy has been uneventful, BUT...I cannot stress enough how ready I am for Payson to be here! We are ALL ready. I seriously feel like he is not coming out on his own. Lord knows I've tried everything. I even lost a pound at my last appointment most likely due to all the walking I'm doing trying to walk him out. I got acupuncture for the first time in my life and was hopeful, but alas, no difference today. The twins were 5 weeks old by this time! Sheesh! So, we didn't really plan to cook on Thanksgiving considering we may or may not be in the hospital. Looks like we won't be, but thank goodness for great friends who invited us to their Thanksgiving dinner. I just have to make some pies which I'm about to do. I also decorated the house for Christmas this morning (with the help of two little elves) and took a 2 mile walk. So, if Payson decides to come today, I just may be too tired to push him out:) I think I'll find some strength somewhere though. Pray for his arrival, please...soon and safe!

No comments: