Monday, November 29, 2010

Acupuncture?

I decided to give it a try. I'm 40 weeks and 4 days and exhausting all efforts before this little guy has to be medically induced. So, I had my second acupuncture treatment today. Not sure if it's working, but it's actually kind of relaxing during it. Today she said she used bigger, longer needles, but I really can't even feel any of it. When she was done today and I was watching her pulling them all out, she told me I probably didn't want to watch and I said it didn't bother me. She said "I think you ready for pain of contraction". I hope so! At this point, I would welcome that pain because it means he will be born soon. In the mean time, I have no real signs of impending labor, but I am exhausted most of the time. Going to the doc tomorrow and hoping for progression, but I wouldn't be surprised if I'm the exact same I've been for over a month. Good news is she wants to monitor the baby from here on out, so I'll get a sonogram and get to see that little stinker. Unless, of course, he wants to grace us with his presence tonight which we would make me ecstatic!

No comments: