Saturday, October 23, 2010

"You Don't Look Pregnant from Behind" and other comments...

Because I am pregnant, I will allow people to make constant comments, stare, make faces and ask silly questions. But, folks, you only have a few more weeks, so get it all out now. No one has really touched my belly, thank goodness, but I hear all of this a lot...

"Are you sure there is just one in there this time?"

"You are carrying so high...must be a girl...must be a boy"

"You are all belly"

"You don't look pregnant from behind"

"Looks like you are about ready to have that baby!"

"When you were pregnant with the twins, your arms and legs were a lot bigger, huh?"

"How much weight have you gained?"

And then of course there was the homeless man who bid me good luck because he has a granddaughter whom he can't stand. Nice.

For some reason, people think all rules are off when talking about pregnant women and their bodies. I'm not so sure about that, but I'm sure I've been guilty in the past.

So...YES, I'm ready to have this baby, although he needs to probably cook at least 2 more weeks. YES, there is just ONE in there and he is squirmy and takes up my entire torso, so I have no idea how two fit. YES, I obviously carry my babies high - my ribs literally burn. I'm not sure what it means that you can't tell I'm pregnancy from behind? I have a baby in my uterus, not my back or butt, although, I can guarantee you, my butt has grown in the process. Now, I wasn't aware I had Michelin Man arms and legs while pg with the twins, but thanks:) And as to my weight, I try to never look at the scale, but I have an idea. However, there is absolutely NOTHING I can do in the ways of gaining or losing. I eat when I'm hungry which is often. I eat what I can stomach which depends from day to day. And I am literally incapable of exercise - ouch. Baby is in control of this body and it's absolutely ok! I can use the rest:)

**Pictures from Marble Falls Pumpkin patch...back and side view of the big belly:)

No comments: