Tuesday, October 26, 2010
Our Funny Morning...
The kids woke up as usual, got dressed, etc. I'm in my bathroom getting ready, about to fix breakfasts when I look at Porter and his eyes look a little blood shot. I chalked it up to allergies?? Tyler was home this morning which is rare, so he had a look since he is an eye and ear specialist:) Tyler said "Nope, he has pink eye!". Well, crap. We scour the house for Alcon's pink eye drop, vigamox, which we find none of. So, Tyler calls his rep that lives 5 minutes away and goes to get some. Meanwhile, Porter keeps crying 1) Because he may have to miss school - he adores school! 2) Because he has to have drops in his eyes - he hates eye and/or ear drops. After breakfast and as Tyler pulls up with the medicine, I suddenly realize...today of all days at school is WEAR YOUR SUNGLASSES TO SCHOOL DAY! How perfect is that!?!?! So, Tyler gives him a few eye drops, I slap on the sunglasses and my boy with pink eye is ready for school. You may think we are irresponsible parents to let him go, but he knows not to touch his eyes and that's how it spreads. And if not, we have a new baby coming and we really could use the extra kids with pink eye to buy Alcon drops. Kidding. But seriously, if you could see how sad he was that he was going to miss school, you would have let him go, too:) I haven't gotten a call from the school, so I assume he's keeping his glasses on and has told his teachers he has "allergies" if they ask.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment