
Well, I wasn't kidding. We have a dog! I was obsessively searching Craigslist for a week and I even got Tyler on the bandwagon. We BOTH came up with this listing for Scout...a 5 yr old, full bred, yellow lab for FREE! Unheard of. He's AKC certified, all shots up to date, and came with a bin of toys, snacks, and food. His family moved to Hawaii. Did you know they don't have rabies in Hawaii? They don't! And they don't want it, so they make it hard for you to bring an outside dog in. Well, I feel sad for his family because they must have LOVED him and not wanted to lose him, BUT I feel SO BLESSED to have Scout be our new buddy. He's an angel dog. Really. He's also HUGE! He's housebroken and does amazingly on a leash - even Piper walked him with ease and he's 3x her size. He doesn't chew and stayed peacefully in the laundry room while we were out for a while today (even with a basket full of shoes in there with him!). We just can't believe it! We've had two dogs since our lab, Rocky, died 4 yrs ago and we thought we'd never have a good dog like Rocky again because those two in-betweeners were quite the
challenge for us, to say the least. Well, now we've found a fit for our family and even read a Cesar Milan book just in case (which is amazing whether you have a dog or not!) to ensure we start out as the "pack leaders" this time. I realize we are only 2 days in, but I just have a feeling about him:) And so does the baby...
No comments:
Post a Comment