Monday, July 11, 2011

Feeding Baby...

Payson is quite the eater now! And I think I'm more creative with him than with the twins in the concoctions I make! The best one lately - that I even steal a bite of - is a variation of apple sauce, but packed with lots of goodness!! I chop up equal parts zucchini, carrots, and granny smith apples, throw them all in an iron skillet and bake for about 20 minutes at 350. Then, transfer to the food processor with about 1/2 cup of water, dash of cinnamon, and a spoonful of coconut oil. And ta da - tasty stuff that tastes pretty much like applesauce, but lots richer and creamier. His favorite is still banana and now yobaby yogurt, so anything he doesn't just love, I can mix with either of those two things and it goes down easily:) Trickery. He's also getting a handle on his "pincer grasp", so we let him "feed" himself little bites of things and he gets about half in his mouth and half in his lap.

Big brother helping!

No comments: