We left for Dallas Thursday after the kids got out of school. I was a little nervous about the drive with the baby because last time he pretty much hated being in his car seat all that time and let us know. However, he was awesome. Barely made a peep!!! We stopped halfway in Waco for dinner at Rudy's and made it to Dallas all in tact. BUT...Payson was terrified of everyone once we got there and only wanted his mama. The sick part of me was so thrilled about that! Usually, he's happy go lucky and could care less who holds him, but I guess he's getting old enough to recognize people he doesn't know that are getting all up in his face. He puckers out his bottom lip and lets out THE saddest cry. Let me remind you, this baby RARELY cries, so when he does, it makes us so sad:( After the first day, though, he was fine and got passed around from person to person and let them give him some love.
We pretty much took it easy on this trip. Kristine and I got a mani/pedi. We went to eat, did a little shopping, played outside, colored eggs, hunted them, went to church, and drove back home. We missed being with The Austin Stone that met in the Erwin Center this year. I heard it was amazing. But, all in all, we had a good Easter.
I pray for my kids they don't have to wait until they are adults to realize the importance of this season we celebrate...Good Friday and Easter. We read the stories out of the Jesus Storybook Bible and for some reason this year what really got me was the crown of thorns. I was holding back tears while explaining it to the kids. And Easter...without Easter, our faith is void. Without Easter, Jesus was a crazy man. Without Easter, we are condemned. BUT because HE not only died taking on our sin, HE arose 3 days later conquering death so we can too! We can now go from life to life everlasting. He is Risen!
Easter Lunch with Papa and Gigi
Talking to the Easter Bunny - doesn't Piper look skeptical?





No comments:
Post a Comment