Saturday, April 30, 2011

Blizzy's

OK, it's really going to happen! We had the idea last summer to put in a sno cone stand on the lot of this local country store right by our neighborhood because there is NOTHING like that near us. However, I was going to have to run it and I was grumpy and pregnant and complaining of the heat. Oh yeah - and we didn't have a stand. BUT - this year we are putting action behind our ideas. I found a cute little shaved ice stand for sale with the ice shaving machine, too! Then, drove to check it out and got schooled in the business by the friendly previous owners. We are buying it, you guys! We got permission to put it where we envisioned and this morning I'm sending out applications to teenagers who have responded and want a part time job! Just a few more super important things to do - like get the stand delivered, contact the health dept. for a permit, order supplies, etc. We are looking to open June 1 and naming all of our special flavors of the day after our friends and family. Let me know if you want added to the list. This will require you working the stand for free whenever we need you to, though. Oh yeah - Tyler came up with the name, Blizzy's. It's from an SNL skit:)

No comments: