Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Detox...Tolerable.

So, we're ending Day 4 and hoping to make it to 14. It's not too bad now. My cold didn't seem to last too long or get too bad after that first day. I've had some headaches, but am sure that is from coffee withdrawal. Herbal tea doesn't quite do the trick. It is a discipline for sure, but the fun thing is making and trying lots of new things and knowing my body is getting good stuff in it and can be satisfied without that much junk. Hoping I will transition into "normal" eating after this is all over with more awareness of what goes into my "temple". I made some killer salmon that the kids even ate up, discovered we love quinoa, and made a huge pot of fresh veggie soup that was just as good without cheese and bread to sop it up:) I confess the thing I miss most is my coffee and after dinner sugary snack. The coffee will surely be the first thing to return, but I'm hoping I can forgo the nightly sugar for good. We will see. This weekend we are going to try a few of Austin's vegan/vegetarian restaurants (not too hard to come by here as you can imagine!).

Side Note...as I was leaving the gym this morning, I found myself staring at a girl who was staring at me and then we recognized each other. We were junior high besties when I lived in Austin before and kept in touch for a while until I got married. So, I haven't talked to her in 11 years! She lives minutes from me now and just moved back to the area herself. We were both so excited to reunite. Love when God throws me a little surprise that brightens the day! Yay!

And just because I like this recent picture and like to post pics with blog entries...here is my silly girl playing with a rolly poly.

No comments: