Monday, March 1, 2010
Detox. Boo.
I was so excited to do this detox/clean eating thing. Felt it would do our bodies good and give them a break. Not for weight loss necessarily, but just a fresh start for the Spring. It's basically just no sugar, processed foods, meat, dairy, wheat, etc. and eating fresh veggies, fruit, fish, nuts/seeds. Day 1...breakfast smoothies with fruit, almond milk and whey protein - yum!; lunch was salads from whole foods with just veggies, nuts, oil and vinegar, a little chicken. But as I went to HEB yesterday afternoon to finish off the grocery list, sickness hit me like a fist in the face. I got a huge headache, stuffy nose, and zapped energy. But, I'm a determined person. So, I made dinner - avocado and cucumber soup. Looks pretty and tastes delicious IF YOU HAVE TORTILLA CHIPS TO DIP INTO IT! But on it's own, I could not eat that soup. I have texture issues and it was about the texture of pudding or yogurt and that just doesn't fly in my mouth. So, that mixed with just not feeling well...I went without dinner save for some almonds and herbal tea and was in bed by 9:45pm and I honestly do not remember the last I've been in bed before midnight! Nice. Tyler, however, cleaned off the soup and has been a trooper. Today so far is ok and I just made some salmon for dinner that will totally be palatable. I'm also going to try my hand at some quinoa - we'll see. However, I am making strawberry cake for our small group tonight and not eating it is going to be a challenge. Maybe I'll just lick the beaters and spoons:) That doesn't count, right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I say lick the beaters... and then the bowl. I admire your determination and discipline--can you send a little my way?
Glad I have another blog to add to my addiction. I need to learn more about this detox. I've been wanting to do it, but I'm going to wait until I'm done breastfeeding.
Post a Comment