Thursday, December 9, 2010

1 Week Down...

Well, I have to say, recovering from one almost 10 pound baby being delivered sans working epidural is waaaay harder and longer than delivering two 5.5 pound babies without feeling:) Being 34 instead of 28 with two 5 year olds doesn't help either. However, every day gets better and easier. At least I have a few things already figured out this time around and Payson has been a great baby and a pretty good sleeper and did I mention there is only ONE this time? I'm SO glad the twins came first! Speaking of, they seem to have adjusted to baby pretty well. It's only been a week, but besides a few outbursts for attention, they are doing well and love holding and snuggling Payson. But, today is the day I've dreaded...just the two of us alone. My mom is gone and Tyler went back to work, but did help get the kids off to school first - shew! But, we've been on our own the rest of the day. I managed a shower, and we've conquered getting groceries while he slept the whole time! However, back at home, he's gotten 3 outfit changes due to either poop and/or spit up. I should probably change my clothes, too, but I'm not. He does love to eat. In the mean time, the dish washer needs emptied and I need a nap, but it's time to go get the kids from school. I'll pile Payson into the sling which is a challenge that sometimes results in a little fit (from me), but it's getting better. I am still SO thankful each time I look at his sweet little face and can not believe he's here. I can't thank God enough.

No comments: