Saturday, April 17, 2010

Days at Home


Some people don't find it weird to stay inside all day. Me and my peeps, however, are movers and doers! I'm not saying this is necessarily a good or bad thing--just how we're wired. I grew up that way and so I'm used to it, I guess. I was always on the move with my dad...the store, test driving cars, the park, a movie, eating out, the pool, etc. He was the most social man I've ever known. And so from the moment I could get out with my infant twins, we were meeting friends at the mall, shopping at Target and eating out. It's all they've known. They stay with my mom sometimes and I'll ask what they did and they just stay home all day and I find it crazy. BUT...with this sickness baby#3 is kind enough to provide me and with this nice dreary, wet weather we're having, staying indoors is our only option in my opinion. In fact, staying in pajamas all day is perfectly fine with me, too. I hear a few "What can we do?" comments and "Where are we going today?", but we're doing okay, considering. Today we worked on spelling words and writing letters and then I made a scavenger hunt across the house hiding notes all over the place, one leading to the next, and ending up with a prize. They loved it! Tyler built a fort out of pillows and blankets and I painted their faces in the animals of their choosing. Naps now and I dare say - the sun may be peeking out! However, I'm determined to stay in my pajamas anyway:) Once again, God is using things out of my control to teach me to "be still and know". He's good and his mercy is new every morning.

No comments: