
So, we're on our third week in Austin and we are totally loving every bit! The weather is obviously warmer than Kansas, but it's been so nice...sunny for the most part and 75ish - lovely! We've been outdoors tons - so much to see and do, trails, hills, parks, views. We're all unpacked and painted...just some last minute hanging of pictures left that I've lost all motivation for. Kids are in a new preschool and their teacher seems great and they have no complaints. We've met several neighbors whom are very nice, and the neighborhood has lots of young kids around as we experienced Halloween night:) We have tried two churches and they were both very good. One had Tyler and I misty eyed as the worship time was AMAZING! And, of course, we've been to several yummy places to eat - we worship God that way too:)!!!! I've had fun driving by places I used to play, dance, go to school, live, eat when I was younger and lived here before. We really only live about 10 minutes from where I grew up - surreal! We've also seen some old HPU buddies (hollah!). Being back in Texas feels like home again, but we still long for for Kansas at times...our old house (at least I do - not so much Tyler), our best friend neighbors, our wonderful church family, my mom and brother, and those beautiful seasons. But, we look forward to visiting again soon and urge everyone (even those in Texas and you know who you are) to come visit us, too. It's a great place and we promise you won't be disappointed - we aren't!!
3 comments:
You are a great writer, a beautiful woman, wife and great mother! Your husband is awesome, too.
hope you're enjoying being back in TX! I'd LOVE if you brought some of your Kansas weather down here!!! We'll have to get together sometime! You're only an hour up the road!!! We should have an HPU reunion up in the Austin area or here in SA!
yeah, lashay! we just got together with the bedells, shuetzs, and also have seen the hoskinson's. kyle pletcher and wife also just moved here. we'd love to have a party at our house for everyone soon!!! also, tyler works in SA often, so maybe we can meet up one day while he's there. sounds good! it just snowed in KS...not sure i'm ready for that here, yet:) i'm enjoying 70 degrees:)
Post a Comment