
When I was younger, I lived in Austin, TX for 6 years. I made the best memories and had a great childhood (age 6-12) there. After my family left, I always wanted to go back and even after Tyler and I married, we dreamed of living there. Then...we moved to Kansas City and fell in love with everything here...the atmosphere, our neighborhood, the food, the feel. It felt like home from day 1. So, of course, 2 years later, AUSTIN would be thrown in our face as a possible transfer! If it had been any other place, our answer would have been a strong NO. But Austin?? That was considerable. So, after considering, we gave an apprehensive yes and that yes has been growing and growing. We just came back from spending Labor Day weekend enjoying Austin, TX, our new home; exploring the city all over again; and finding a really cute house. We are now fully excited to move to the place I always wished I had never left. I feel like it's been a full circle experience...now raising my kids where I was raised. God is tricky sometimes, but He is always good. We are trusting Him in this new phase of life and enjoying every minute, soaking up the adventure and diving in head first as we are known to do. We live fairly passionately and are ready to do so in Austin. Come see us there--you'll have a blast!
2 comments:
How exciting that you're coming back to TX! You'll be run up the road from us! (right up I-35 that is!) Will y'all be living IN Austin or an area outside like Round Rock or Pflugerville?
LaShay...yes, it IS so exciting and we will be close to you! we are in SW Austin not far from the city. that will be fun to get together!!
Post a Comment