
For a while, I knew I needed to take the twins to the dentist. I was just dreading taking both of them on my own, having no idea how they would react. We like to "practice" things before we do them and talk about it a lot, so for the past few months, knowing an appt. was coming up, that's what we've been doing. We were all as prepared as possible. The office was so nice and kid-friendly as were the people working there. In fact, the hygienist had TWO set of twins herself, so she knew our situation:) Piper decided to go first. Porter held her hand and asked her if she was going to be brave. So sweet. She got special sunglasses, to watch tv, hold the toothpaste and a hand mirror, and of course get a goodie bag when it was all over. Porter didn't get his hand held by his sweet sister. She was busy playing with toys around the room and putting on her new strawberry chapstick. He was just fine, though, and did amazingly well. I was pretty sure at least Porter had a cavity--you can see it. For a while I've been telling him he has a hole in his tooth so we need to brush extra well. He proceeded to tell the dentist about his "hole" which the dentist confirmed and also found one in Piper's back molar. So, we will go back for fillings. Porter was pretty bummed that he wasn't getting his hole fixed right away. He was ready!!! I always get overly concerned about how my precious children will behave in certain scenarios and I had no reason for concern this time. They did awesome! So, we got bagels for lunch afterwards (that's ok for the teeth, right?!?!). Wish I could say they were also well behaved at Einstein's, but whatever. I'll take what I can get:)
1 comment:
I'm glad they did so well! They are getting so big! I can't believe they'll be 4 next month! They grow up way too fast!
Post a Comment