Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Long Time No Post...

Well, needless to say, we've been a little crazy in the the Price household.



We took a trip to Houston for a wedding and to see some friends. It was fun, but too short!



After our basement flooding fiasco, we had all the basement stuff placed in various rooms all over the house. Just last week, the cement stainer man came to do our floors. First...SANDING the cement. Can you say, "DUST!"??? Then, staining, then sealing, then evacuating the house to my mom's because of the fumes!!! In the mean time, we also got an itch to re-do lots of other things in the house while we were at it...our room, guest room, kitchen back splash, kids' bathroom. I feel (and my body feels) like we're moving in all over again. It's settling down now, though. We really do like the new basement floors and just a few more walls to paint and then we're done for a WHILE!



Tyler's also been traveling in the midst of things; kids are starting pre school next week; and I'm finding time to lead a pre-teen praise band at church, sing back up vocals for an all girl praise team, and start going to a new small group. Yikes.



Kids (especially Porter!!!) are pros on the potty--woohoo! I thought the day would never come. They are even more funny and chatty than usual. Growing up so much every day. Piper is a loud talker and a non stop talker and will repeat what she wants you to hear until she is acknowledged! Porter is a ham and always making us all giggle. They play and entertain each other in their make believe worlds every day. My joys and my insanity in these two individuals:)



In the midst of it all, I often find it an ever present challenge to "be still and know...". I like to be busy, to feel productive, to have a sense of purpose. But, so quickly in my "doing" I forget that the state of my heart is what matters. Is God receiving the glory in it all? The gifts and time I have are for Him, not me. He loves me and wants me to also have rest so I can be all He desires for Himself. I am forced into that (a little, at least) this week with a nice end of summer cold. Blegh. I'm wiped out. In my "resting", I pray to come back with a newer perspective and always remember to "be still..." because He said so!



Now, all that said...it is going to take a lot to keep me from the American Idol Tour in downtown KC this Friday night. That's right, folks, we have FREE tickets and they are GOOD! It pays to have connections. Thank you, Tyler and happy birthday to me:)!!!!

3 comments:

The Lancasters said...

When we stained our cement, we had a LAYER of dust over our entire house.....all the way to our back bedroom....now our house but it was still bad! So, I know your pain! :) I'm amazed that you are hanging in there with all you have going on!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you are one busy girl! Hope you have a VERY happy birthday today. Wish you were here so we could celebrate with you!

Anonymous said...

Hey guys. I can't believe you came to Houston and didn't see us! Just kidding, the kids are getting really big.

Richard and Johanna Hudspeth