




When we were house hunting in April, we came across a Parents Day Out program at a local church. It so happened that our realtor's grandson was also in pre school there, so she took us by, we toured it, and got on the list for our kids to start a one day a week program in the Fall. Well, the time is here! We've been talking it up for months and especially most recently as Porter has decided to have some serious separation anxiety issues that makes us leave the gym and even church because of his screaming (he's never done this before now!). So, this morning was anxious for mommy! We prayed many times and reminded him over and over..."No crying at school, right?" So, we get there with backpacks on and lunch boxes in hand...all very excited!!! Porter runs down the hallway with Piper smelling the roses, trailing behind. Once in their room (we went last week to preview the room and meet the teachers), they both run in to play. So, I tell the teacher I'm making a break for it as Porter seems happy. Well, not so fast. The crying comes!!! Miss Amy (how convenient), their teacher, distracts Porter quickly (Piper was playing in the "kitchen" and never looked back) and I step out. I have to turn in some paperwork and after that, I go back to check and hear no crying and ask other moms to check on Porter. They said he had his blankie and paci, but was not crying anymore. Phew! I called midday to check and the director said they were playing happily on the playground...no more crying. At pick-up time, I peek in the room first and see them both sitting with new friends playing at a table...no paci or blankie with Porter. As I walk in they are happy to see me and I them! Miss Amy said Porter napped, but Piper didn't, they both were awesome, and they fought over pretzels at lunch (this is funny because I did not pack pretzels...some poor child must have been missing theirs). So, we went to Starbucks for treats - mommy needed one, too - after a day of fun and relief (I went to the gym and the mall while they were in school)!!! We are praying the rest of the the week and school next week goes as smoothly! Thank you, Lord, for your provision today!
No comments:
Post a Comment