Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Night-Night!

Today on a whim, I decide that having two cribs and Porter's "big boy" bed and furniture all in his room, is just too much (they have been sleeping in his room since the move...we dare not separate them yet--they are extremely attached!). So, I push the cribs out of the way, pull the trundle out from under his twin bed and let the kids see it and play on it...thinking if they get used to the idea of a real bed, maybe they'll one day sleep in it??? At bed time, we decide to just try it out. The kicker is they both want to be in the same bed. I know this will not last throughout the night as Porter does aerobics in his sleep, they each have a blankie, plus Piper's baby and it's bottles of juice and milk, Porter's bear, and numerous pacifiers. So, I get Piper to lie with me on the bottom trundle, and Tyler lies with Porter on the top bed. Then, about a minute later, we tell them it's night-night time and to go to sleep, Mommy and Daddy are leaving. We get up and walk to the door, look back, and they are actually lying down and going to sleep for the first time ever in a real bed! We are amazed and perplexed! They've been asleep in there for almost 3 hours now and we haven't heard a peep. Kids are so much better at change than we give them credit for!! So, we'll continue this for the week and then hopefully get rid of those cribs and create a lot more space. It's all a little sad...a big step for my "babies". I'm so proud of them, though. I also love that they have each other. Everything they do, they experience together. They, more often than not, fight, but can hardly stand to be in a room if the other isn't there, too. It's a wonderful thing to observe...TWINS! God is so creative.


(The morning after...Piper pops up and says "Hi, Porter!")

No comments: